<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 16, 2012

Just Wow

These painkillers have me all over the place. Tuesday I was flying all day and couldn't even get myself to sleep at night, even with the aid of James Joyce's Ulyesses, which I had saved for just such an eventuality. Wednesday I was talking a mile a minute and eating my face off. I felt fantastic and would probably have stabbed anyone who even suggested that the pills be taken away. I was laughing at everything, even that Sarah McLachlan commercial with all the sad puppies. Yesterday, though, fatigue hit me and hit me hard, and I could barely drag myself back and forth to the fridge for my facial icing sessions. I tried to go to the gym and dozed off a little during my crunches. And my appetite utterly disappeared, such that I could not even convince myself to drive through McDonald's. Today I'm still in the doldrums; I spent my lunch hour just walking around downtown in the hopes that I might jolt myself awake, but succeeded only in stumbling into some tourists outside the Old Navy. There was performance fleece everywhere.

I think I'm just going to go to bed early and try to start over with a pill-free day tomorrow. Seriously, I don't know what Matthew Perry saw in these things.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?