<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Home for the Holidays

Well, I am back in Quincy. Tonight, my parents ordered a medium Pizza Hut pizza to feed four people. (We got two slices each. I am planning to eat my hand later.) Then they spent an hour and a half arguing about how to plug the Wii into their Michael Scott-sized flat screen TV. (It still runs in black and white for some reason.) Now they are sitting in the living room and talking about curricula while my sister and I hide in our electronic devices. Also, it is cold. I'm wearing a sweatshirt,  sweatpants, and fleece-lined slippers. I apologize for how sexy it just got in here.

Our holiday plans are not too intense. We've got church at some point (avoiding the children's choir will be key) and we will go out to eat. We're also going to see The Hobbit, which will likely give me nightmares with all of its dwarf-related content. It's not the size so much as the grizzled facial features. I have the same problem with Kristen Stewart.

I have to admit that it somehow does not feel like Christmas this year. And no, I really don't know what that means. But I guess I feel pretty good about the fact that I retained the magic of Christmas until almost 35. At this point, I kind of just want to drink a free Diet Mountain Dew and play SongPop.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?