<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Still a Crazy Person

I'm having weird episodes where I get randomly stressed about things that don't matter. For instance, today I agonized for nearly half an hour over whether my motion, draft order, and certificate of service should be filed as one big PDF or several smaller ones. I finally called to ask someone more senior what the protocol was and it turned out the protocol was no one caring about something so insignificant and stupid. I really do have to remind myself that I'm not working at a place where someone's going to yell at me about the indentation of a signature block any more.

I also had a meeting today with some supervisors about a brief I'm working on and I prepped for that thing like it was the SAT and the Celebrity Apprentice boardroom all rolled into one. (Except with fewer analogies and combovers.) I knew it was stupid to worry even at the time, but I kept imagining myself not knowing the answer to some question about the statute and everyone looking at me like "where the hell did we find this guy?" And when the meeting turned out to be pleasant chit chat and genuinely helpful ideas presented in a nonthreatening and nonjudgmental way, well, I almost didn't know what to do with myself.

It is getting better, though. I'm not losing sleep any more. Well, not because of stress. Just because there are so goddamn many amazing Lifetime holiday movies to watch.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?