<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 16, 2012

That '70s Show

I finally saw Argo this afternoon. We actually selected a matinee showing several months after the release date to try to accommodate my recent irrational fear of movie theaters, but it was, astonishingly, still rather crowded. Apparently Ben Affleck has some box office legs. Regardless, I managed to stay pretty calm, swept away in the loving embrace of late '70s/early '80s hairstyles and glasses.

There was a lot to enjoy. The (allegedly true) story is pretty compelling and all the acting was good. I did think it was a little much that they had Iranian forces literally chasing them down the runway (spoiler alerts don't apply several months into the run), but by and large it didn't go too over the top. And it flew by -- I only checked my phone twice, and both times were after the hour and a half mark!

I do think it's too bad that Ben doesn't cast Matt more. I thought the whole thing back in the '90s was that they were supposed to be a package deal. They had sort of a Sam and Diane thing, but without Rhea Perlman screeching in the background. And how can Ben sleep at night knowing he could have prevented We Bought A Zoo but did nothing?

I briefly hatched a plan to grow a Ben Affleck-like beard this afternoon, but was quickly reminded of the laughable fruits of my last such effort, leading to said plan's hasty abortion.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?