<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 28, 2012

Time Flies

So I am heading back to Chicago tomorrow morning. I really can't believe how fast this break has gone by. It seems like just yesterday that I was packing at least three too many pairs of shoes, downing an ill-advised Cantina Bell burrito, and getting in the car to head down here. Where did all the time go?

I guess three hours or so did go to The Hobbit, which was okay. It did not recapture the magic of LOTR -- when America embraced dorkhood -- for me. For one thing, I had a very hard time telling the difference between all of the dwarves. They should have given them all names that describe some of their distinguishing traits, like in Snow White. Of course, they probably would have ended up with dwarves named Boring and Superfluous, then. The effects were kind of great, but is it weird to say that after a while you feel like if you've seen one orc you've seen them all? And I'm still a Gollum fan; he reminds me of some of my former coworkers.

I also spent a fair amount of time at the gym, doing my utmost to utterly destroy my knees before winter slipping and falling season begins in earnest. Yesterday I actually decided to do a swim to give the aforementioned knees a bit of a break. I was sort of worried about running into someone I know while topless and comparatively pantsless, but I put dismissed that is irrational -- who do I even know here any more? So of course I ran into three people I knew the minute I stepped out onto the pool deck in my non-matching flip flops. The joke is on them, though, as they immediately went blind from the glare off of my pasty white skin.

And then there was a shameful amount of time spent on a puzzle. My parents got it for me for Christmas, what can I say? It's actually nice to have enough free time in my life to be able to indulge them again.

I'm not quite ready to get back into real life again, I have to say it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?