<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 03, 2013

New Year... Same As The Old Year

So far, it's been a heady mix of work, gym, TV, videogames, and drinking. Sound familiar?

I do have to say that I very much enjoyed taking the first day of the year completely off for the first time in seven years. As opposed to, say, working on a privilege log all day long. Or reading witness interview summaries. This year I woke up at noon and didn't get out of my sweatpants all day. I started season one of American Horror Story on DVD and ate McDonald's for dinner. Exactly how one ought to start a year, in my view.

The old year ended fairly nicely, too. Former Roommate Liz came over with fondue and amazing DVDs of obscure early eighties music videos. We seriously ended up having no idea who most of the artists were, although our guess was generally Sheila E. We also watched the local new year's broadcast, which was amazingly low rent, to the point that their big acts were Collective Soul and a Prince cover band. What year were we ringing in again?

Anyway, here we are. High hopes, low expectations.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?