<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 21, 2013

Political Animal

Can I just say that this inauguration coverage is insane? Admittedly, I've been flipping back and forth between it and several other things, including both Reba and The Golden Girls, so I did briefly get confused and think that Joe Biden was a sassy redhead and Michelle Obama was confronting a doctor about her Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but this is still some really over-the-top stuff. The last half fifteen minutes or so they just spent filming a car driving very slowly. Thank God it was the Obamas who eventually got out of it as opposed to, say, Lifetime staple Alexandra Paul. Though she would have done it with style, and likely a speech about her sexting teenage daughter.

I didn't realize it all started so early in the day, so I sort of whiffed on a lot of the speech, though I was thankfully in time for Kelly Clarkson's performance and subsequent inability to figure out where she was supposed to go. I'm not sure that Beyonce knew which way she was supposed to go, either, but she just put on her "out of my way or I'll do to you what I did to all those former members of Destiny's Child" face and all was well.

After that there was about an hour of MSNBC filming various dignitaries as they arrived to the Capitol and warning us that they wouldn't be allowed to film the actual event once it started. Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews were basically just small talking about the weather and everyone's health as the camera crew tried desperately to get a close up of a Clinton. I guess Al Sharpton was busy today?

Now there are people dancing in the streets in traditional costumes of some kind. This is sort of like when I went to Globalfest in ninth grade, but without the rousing round of seven minutes of heaven.

I've got to find something else before the marching bands arrive on the scene.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?