<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Cold War

So I have a cold. As usual, I've been working hard to ignore my sickness and just keep doing my normal routine, but after nearly passing out in kickboxing yesterday I was forced to acknowledge the fact that all might not be right in my world. I spent last night lying on my couch in a Nyquil-induced haze, blowing my nose repeatedly and trying desperately to follow the plot of Thor. (That might have been difficult under the best of circumstances.) I went to bed at eleven and didn't wake up until ten this morning. I don't know that I've slept like that since college. (When I did it quite frequently.)

Getting sick on the weekend is kind of the worst. On a weekday at least you can console yourself with the fact that you are taking the day off to rest up and watch Days of Our Lives. (Kristen is back and she is amazing.) On a weekend, though, you're just missing things you'd actually like to be doing. I was supposed to go to a concert last night as opposed to coughing and drinking my weight in Mucinex. I did at least use the sickness as an excuse to watch the televised mass instead of venturing out to church; they do it in half an hour flat, which means they don't even have time to lecture everyone about abortion and gay marriage. They do still manage to get a pitch for money in, though.

The good news is that I'm feeling much better tonight. The bad news is that it's just in time for me to go back to work. I've been robbed, and not in a good way like on Lifetime's The Bling Ring.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?