<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Byte Me

Well, it looks like my horrible HP has finally died. Well, died again. I already had to completely reset it once a few years ago because it wouldn't start up, but only display a nice little blinking cursor. I lost all of my files in the process, although I can't pretend there were any state secrets involved. Mainly funny pictures I had gotten off the internet. Then for the past few months it had gotten progressively slower, to the point where it would take about five minutes of the little whirling explorer logo for it to even open my gmail. And yesterday when I turned it on I got the dreaded black screen. Keyboard still all lit up, processor still making little clicking and buzzing noises, but no action on the screen whatsoever. Not the most promising sign.

I tried a bunch of fixes I found online, but in a completely surprising event, done of them helped. It turns out that the internet is better for finding out about Rhianna's latest fashion missteps and fun recipes for low fat chili than for getting actual useful information. I probably should have guessed that when all of my tips were coming from people with names like "sexymommy53." So it seems I'll have to make a visit to the Geeksquad, which is great, since I enjoy being condescended to by people with bad hair. Yay, hot weekend!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?