<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscar Preview 2013!

Well, the Oscars are here. The best part of that is probably that we will finally be able to stop hearing about the Oscars in a few days. And seeing Anne Hathaway pretending to be surprised about winning things. Seriously, has it ever before taken so long for anyone's hair to grow out? Can't we get that girl a weave?

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty ready. I haven't seen about half of the nominated movies yet, but given that I don't know a single person who's seen Life of Pi, I don't really feel all that bad about it. I did see Beasts of the Southern Wild last night. I fell asleep for stretches of it, but my takeaway is that people who deliberately choose to live in floodplains despite the constant threat it presents to their well being are totally awesome. I hope the six year old wins tonight, but for Best Song. Who doesn't love a surprise?

I'll be spending the evening at a friend's Oscar party, so be on the lookout for mildly inebriated Facebook posts. Depending on how much I end up drinking before the pizza finally gets there and how often Jessica Chastain is on camera, there could be some real artistry.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?