<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars Postview 2013

Well, it was quite a night, wasn't it? Any year where it takes a full eighteen minutes before the first award is even handed out is bound to be a doozy. I don't want to pile on to Seth McFarland, so I'll just ask what the fuck William Shatner was thinking. The best hosts always realize that the less we see of them the more we'll enjoy them. The exception to this is of course Amy Poehler and Tina Fey; they could just move in with me and I'm pretty sure I'd be fine with it.

Anyway, I started to really lose hope right about the time they did the tribute to Dreamgirls, a movie that came out, what, five years ago? At this rate we'll have a tribute to Battleship hitting the Oscars stage in no time. The appearance of Catherine Zeta Jones would no doubt have been my low point (it usually is), but I had a brief glimmer of hope that they had invited her so they could take her Oscar back. Maybe they could give it to Annette Bening, since Hilary Swank stole hers.

I got no major beef with the winners, though. I could watch Jennifer Lawrence trip up the stairs all night and Daniel Day Lewis somehow managed to not bore me this time around. Ben Affleck did a nice job making oblique apologies for Jersey Girl and Gigli, although his producing partner needed to shut the fuck up already and let the movie stars talk. Oh, and Anne Hathaway is the worst. For a good actress she certainly is terrible at acting surprised and humbled. Although I'm sure her nipples were happy she brought them to the show.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?