<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring Break 2000!

Did I mention that I'm going to Vienna in late March? You know, the place where they make the sausages? It should be pretty interesting, despite the fact that German-speaking peoples look at me like I'm stabbing their parents when I try to address them in their native tongue. I haven't spent much time planning the trip, as is my general practice due to laziness, but I guess there are a lot of palaces and museums and things there. I browsed through their website one day when I was bored. Turns out last year was the 100th anniversary of something or other there. It was kind of a big deal.

I'm going with the moot court team I help coach, just to make this trip as nerdy as humanly possible. But I should only have to spend a few hours a day watching people make obscure legal arguments about the Convention for the International Sale of Goods, so that should leave me some time for sightseeing. I'm going to find whatever Vienna's equivalent of Navy Pier is and buy a fake license plate with my name on it, that's for sure.

We're also thinking about doing a side trip to Salzburg, which is only a few hours away by train. No, it's not because I want to take the Sound of Music tour. It's mainly because I did a report on Salzburg in eighth grade German class, so I feel a certain amount of ownership of it. That's the same reason I feel excited about European soap operas and bland ginger cookies. Man, Frau Cole fucked me up but good, eh?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?