<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Forget Me Nots
 
One of my most endearing (read: crazy) habits is leaving post-it notes all over the house/office with reminders for myself on them. The drawer I keep my keys in has not one but two sticky notes in it reminding me that I have a checkup with my oral surgeon at 8:15, despite the fact that I currently have no such appointment pending. (I have an 8 AM appointment in a few weeks and I figure I can just cross out the “15” on one of them – waste not, want not!) My desk at home is similarly littered with post-its that include a potential invite list for a party I never actually ended up throwing and a list of ideas for short nonfiction pieces that I will likely never actually end up writing. It’s like the place where good ideas go to die. And of course there are multiple notes that just bear the word “blog” on them, which should serve as an indication to you as to just how careful I am about following the dictates of my post-its. It is likely that I have written twice as many blog reminders as I have written blog entries, and with the same level of art and artistry to boot.

 
My favorite post-its, though, are the ones so fragmentary that I can’t even remember what they were supposed to be about. They say things like “off-brand cheese balls” and “Lawrence Welk in drag.” Did I intend to purchase said cheese balls? Was I brainstorming sketch ideas about PBS icons? Either seems possible, although in the latter case the absence of a corresponding “Bob Ross meets Diana Ross” post-it is incriminating. There are also post-its where I can’t even read my own handwriting, so I could be recording a dinner date with Wynonna Judd for all I know. I think I’ll fly down to Nashville just in case on that one.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?