<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Back At It

It has not been easy to make the transition back to work mode from vacation mode. I keep wanting to spend all day gawking at things and instagramming. Sitting at a desk all day and reading about crimes people committed ten years ago is somehow less thrilling. And it's weird how nothing has really changed. The conversations I'm overhearing about everybody's child care and what's going on on The Voice are pretty much the same as they were before I left. Although there are some new hairstyles around the office -- combovers are going to be big this Spring!

And did you know we have to pay taxes again this year? I guess it's like an every year kind of thing. Fortunately, I have a seasoned tax preparer, who asks me things like "did you need all this paperwork for anything" and "were you planning on, like, taking deductions and stuff?" Good hands, people, good hands.

I'm already thinking about where the next vacation should be, although it will be a while before I have enough vacation days and cash on hand to take it. Definitely somewhere warmer and closer next time. Turns out I'm still pretty terrible at sleeping on a plane, although I am pretty great at watching in-flight movies I didn't even want to see when they originally came out.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?