<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Vienna in Pictures, Part I
 
So it's been ages since I've put any pictures up on the blog, but Vienna is very picturesque. Seriously, by the end I had to stop myself from taking pictures because I didn't want to end up with a thousand photos of churches that I couldn't remember the names of. But I'll share some of my favorites here.
 
Here you can see the cathedral, known as the Stephansdom. They light it up with psychedelic colors at night, or maybe someone just secretly drugged me every night. We climbed to the top of the tower, passing dozens of people who had stalled out along the way. I want to teach an aerobics class in Vienna that just involves climbing the Stephansdom. Oh, and this is my moot court team, by the way. Don't they look super lawyerly? 

They had an  Easter market where they sold fun Easter decorations, toys, candy, and, most importantly, giant chocolate-covered pretzels. Actually, they had several Easter markets. Easter is huge there, like bigger than Jesus. Can you see that it's snowing in this picture? It did that a lot, as my ruined shoes can attest.

They sold tiny beers at this place. Either that, or we grew into giants when we walked through the door. Only science can really tell us the answer, frankly.

This place was very authentic and local and they hated us like a bad smell. "Why are there Americans in here talking about moot court in English?" they seemed to be wondering. These colors don't run, bitches.

They have this giant Ferris wheel that they're very proud of, although of course they don't call it that, but something in German instead. We walked like two miles through the snow to get there, largely because we hadn't bothered to figure out the trains yet. There wasn't much of a line to get on, though, probably due to the driving snow.

Here's the inside of our car on the Ferris wheel, where you can see me sitting very still trying not to make it rock. I had a bit of anxiety on this trip, particularly when someone decided to open the windows while we were at the very top. Not sure why I thought I might inadvertently jump up and throw myself out of a window, but it was a big concern at the time.

More to come...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?