<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Excused Absences

I haven't posted in almost a week, but it's totally okay, because I am busy and important. I had an argument before the Illinois Supreme Court this week! It was amazing, and not just because I got to drive a Mazda 2 with no cruise control down to Springfield. They're like the nicest court in the world and they asked good questions and really seemed to listen to the answers. Also their courtroom is, like, super pretty. Oh, and I stayed at the Hilton, where I got a free cookie at check in. Chocolate chip. That's going to be pretty hard to top.

In bright scheduling ideas, I had to go to a three-hour Shakespeare play immediately upon my return to Chicago. Henry VIII. I enjoyed it pretty well, although I think I was probably so tired that I was hallucinating through parts of it. Henry VIII doesn't actually ride on a dinosaur, does he?

Thursday was our support staff appreciation lunch. Which is a little weird in a government job where the support staff is unionized and makes as much as or more than the attorneys. But I am all about appreciation, not to mention that I am generally expected to bring the small talk. Topics covered included the weather, everyone's children, and travel plans past and future.

And then I also did some drinking. It has been my experience that beautiful weather invariably leads to the ingestion of tallboys on the roof. It's just science; I see no reason to fight it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?