<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 10, 2013

Light Reading

Today I received the following package in the mail from Restoration Hardware:


To be clear, it is five volumes of catalogues: Interiors, Outdoor & Garden, Objects of Curiosity, Tableware, and Small Spaces. I added my own volume, Vomit.

It contains things like "an important 1949 French library globe" ($179) and "a grand 19th century realist carved horse head" ($395). It features rugs that cost more than my car. Just holding it makes me feel like a worse person.

It filled up my entire mailbox. It was ominously labeled "Spring 2013." What am I to expect the Christmas edition will look like? Will it require a forklift?

I did not request it, let us be clear. I guess if you buy one bed from these folks you're on their list forever. I'm scared of these people. After these comments, I might end up finding a grand 19th century realist carved horse head in my bed.

Just by way of comparison, though:


I've heard rumors that Joyce was actually looking to branch out into catalogues.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?