<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mr. Saturday Night

It's 10:12 on a Saturday night and I'm sitting with my parents in the living room watching a rerun of Monk on the ion network. It's like I've entered another dimension, one in which Tony Salhoub is a credible dramatic actor. Not that I'd be doing anything particularly exciting if I were in Chicago, but at least the TV would be several sizes larger and not trying to sell me adult diapers. They really do look like underwear though, I've got to tell you.

There is not much to report about this day, either. It rained a lot, which prevented my mother from giving me another tour of her new plants, but also meant that there was a lot of working on jigsaw puzzles that went on. We went to the gym at my parents' college, which is always a strange bizarro world where everybody loves them and people speedwalk on a rubberized track. I went to Wal-Mart and bought five dollars worth of dental floss. I'm gonna do some crazy gum care tonight.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?