<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Traveling Man

Tomorrow night I'm taking the train to Quincy to visit my parents for the long weekend. It will give me an excellent opportunity to practice looking unfriendly and acting like I'm really into whatever I'm reading, as it is bound to be a packed train. I've also got a strategy whereby I allow my laptop bag to slip ever so slightly into the aisle seat's legroom, just enough to make the seat look undesirable without being enough to attract the ire of the conductors. Amtrak conductors fall into that category of people who do not have much power but still somehow have too much power; I have more than once heard them dress passengers down for seemingly minor infractions like putting feet on the seat and not being fast enough to display their tickets. I'm guessing you did not know that riding the train had a moral dimension.

Anyway, I'm guessing that I will actually feel more like posting that usual this weekend, given that my alternatives will likely be walking dogs and putting together puzzles with my parents. But if you don't hear from me, I am not dead -- I've just been kidnapped by elderly people and forced to watch Mythbusters.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?