<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 03, 2013

Coke Is It!

I'm pretty sure I had an encounter with a cokehead this weekend. Not my first, undoubtedly, but certainly a memorable one. We were standing in the bar of a restaurant when he came up to us, apparently in the midst of "psyching himself up" to go join his group. He actually came back and forth five or six times, deciding he had to "take the plunge" and then immediately thinking better of it. You see, he was concerned that they had already "formed a group" and that he would "feel weird" interrupting them. But he apparently had no concerns about interrupting us, a group of complete strangers, as he kept entertaining us by barking delightful witticisms in our general direction and then being unable to focus on our responses. He threw a ten minute fit about the bar's failure to stock his alcohol of choice. ("I couldn't believe it. I honestly couldn't believe it when she said they didn't have it. I had to ask her to go check.") He asked us if we were "smart or stupid" without any sort of preamble at all. And he was heavily fixated on if we were drinking enough. (We were, duh.) I seriously wish I'd had a tape recorded, because I cannot even remember all of the rapid-fire stream of consciousness monologues to which we were treated. But I think it's safe to say we made a new friend, who we did not like and whose name we do not remember. The very best kind!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?