<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Strange Days

In case you didn't know, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup on Monday. I'm not really a hockey fan (it kind of just looks like people skating around in circles really fast to me), but I was happy due to my enormous civic pride (which somehow fades whenever I have to deal with anyone at city hall). The victory had the interesting effect of turning my neighborhood into a police state, however, with mobs thronging the streets and helicopters circling overhead. I had visions of people overturning my car or setting fire to my trash bins, but fortunately it just got loud and not particularly destructive. So I just cranked up the volume on my Nick at Nite and went to bed.

Tuesday, then, we were supposed to check out my sister's newly-remodeled pool, but it rained, so we had to settle for checking out the new soda fountain that they've for some reason installed in the building's gym. Along with tiny, tiny cups. Which I somehow managed to spill all over the floor, resulting in what I'm pretty sure is my banishment for life. I guess if you have to be banished from something, the gym of a building you don't live in is a pretty good choice.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?