<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Tony! Toni! Tone!

So I only watched about a third of the Tonys and I was doing other things pretty much the whole time, but I have some thoughts.

First of all, I'd be pissed if I were one of the winners who didn't get to receive the Tony during the actual broadcast then I was sitting there watching Neil Patrick Harris and that dude from Girls (to be fair, just a rage trigger in general) sing about how they are on television shows for five minutes. I mean, no big deal, these people just designed all of the sets and costumes people like NPH use to lavish themselves with love and attention.

Second, it kind of sucks that so many of the shows do medleys now instead of just performing a substantial portion of a single number from the show. I mean, it's not like Annie has such a difficult concept that we need a couple of songs to help us figure it out.

Third, it takes some pretty big balls to threaten to cut Christopher Durang's acceptance speech off. Especially when he's talking about his dead mother. If he'd done a tribute to the Boston victims, would they have literally pulled him off the stage with a hook?

Fourth, Pippin kind of killed it. Congratulations to everyone who somehow managed to rescue it from the '70s. I wouldn't slate that The Magic Show revival just yet, though.

Fifth, was Patti Lupone wearing the sheet set from her bedroom? I swear to God if there'd been a strong breeze she would have been airborne.

That's it, that's all. Off to bed with you now.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?