<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 16, 2013

Into the Wild

Former Roommate Liz's wedding was this past weekend. It was in Bar Harbor, Maine, which as it turns out is quite far from here. We had to fly to Boston, drive for five hours, and then reverse the process. Still it was quite nice, though! It is pretty and quaint, as in fact is Former Roommate Liz. There's a lot of ocean, a lot of mountains, and a lot of trees. And the wedding was right on the water. I felt like Kathie Lee Gifford could pull up any moment on a Carnival Cruise, and then drown immediately, so long as we're fantasizing. Plus there were lots of cute shops where the owners close whenever they feel like it because damn it this is New England, and lots of breweries, and lots of tourist trap restaurants with a bunch of crazy crap glued up on their walls. Talk about Nirvana! No seriously, it will remind me of my adolescence; please talk about Nirvana.

Any trip of this size invariably creates a lot of incident, so I'll likely milk it over the course of a few days. Let me start by saying that I have no idea why I thought I was the kind of person who gets up at 3:45 to go to the airport and get on a flight. I literally wanted to kill every person that I saw. Add to that flying Southwest and therefore jockeying for position with every lazy eyed soccer mom in the Chicagoland area and you have a recipe for disaster. I did appreciate the nice cookies on the flight over, however.

There may or may not have been an incident or several where I screamed at the GPS lady for depicting turns in a confusing way. (Or for depicting staying on the same goddamned road as some sort of turn, for Pete's sake.) There was also definitely a very tense afternoon where we decided to drive up a mountain in the national park despite the fact that I am not the biggest fan of heights. I'm sure everyone else in the park enjoyed driving behind me at five miles per hour with the emergency lights on, however.

At one point we had an hour long conversation about The Golden Girls. This actually happened. We read quotes from IMDB out loud to see if we could guess which character said them. I was much better at this game than the game where we tried to guess who the 25 most viewed "celebrities" on IMDB were. Who the fuck is Dakota Johnson?

More to come when I feel like it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?