<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Maineiac

Seriously, they have all kinds of merchandise there that says "Maineiac" on it. Also merchandise that says "Caution: Women Shopping" and "Caution: Men Thinking." It is a highly hilarious state, obviously.

I don't think the signs warning you that moose might be crossing the highway are a joke, though. Fortunately the only thing we saw crossing the highway was a discarded Taco Bell bag.

Speaking of which, there was a Pizza Hut incident. On the way back, we were all starving and desperate for a place to eat where we wouldn't fear being shunned as non-locals. So we stopped at a Pizza Hut. We should have realized something was amiss from the fact that the paint on the roof was peeling worse than Nicole Kidman at the dermatologist. By the time we saw the woman changing a baby on her dining table, it was already too late. But regardless, mistakes were made. The waiter informed us that our food was running late because they had dropped my entrĂ©e on the floor. The implication was that they had replaced it, but it scares me that he never said it outright. And half of our order never arrived; the waiter gave us a lengthy explanation that boiled down to him forgetting to put that part of the order in. I will admit that the breadsticks were still delicious, though.

Anyway, have I said anything about the wedding itself? It was really lovely and touching; they did their own vows and the readers all selected their own readings. They had me give a toast and I managed to not wet myself or collapse into drunken sobbing. The bride and I also did an epic dance duet to Van Halen's "Jump." Just standard wedding stuff, you know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?