<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Professional Development

So today I found out that it is possible to make a triple murder boring. I got the record in this case this morning and there are more than thirty volumes of record and transcripts. Two boxes worth, in fact. Including copies of every single subpoena issued in the case and the response. And all of the exhibits, some of which are, yes, gruesome crime scene photos, but some of which are just diagrams and shit. And jury instructions. My god, the jury instructions. That jury must have felt like it was assembling a 1998 Taurus from scratch with all the instructions it got. But I do need to be complete, just in case there's a confession from some other killer somehow buried in there or something, I don't know. So I have many days of fascinating reading ahead of me.

In other news, my mother texted me today to ask me for a legal referral. Well, technically she emailed my phone number, which resulted in no fewer than three giant texts, including one that was just her email signature block. But regardless, it seems one of her friends has gotten into a bit of a scrape (slap fight at the Dress Barn, I would guess) and needs some assistance. Is it weird that I actually suggested one of my high school classmates? Somehow I'm not sure I'd want to tell a friend to hire a lawyer whose senior prom I chaperoned.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?