<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Awakenings, Rude

This morning my sister was awakened by a call from her doorman, saying that he was going to send someone up to help her with her shortness of breath. This was odd, since she was not suffering from shortness of breath and, in fact, not even in her apartment building, having spent the night in my guest bedroom. But many of my sister's doormen, like many doormen everywhere, have some very basic communication problems, and so my sister did not come away from this conversation at all convinced that a complete stranger was not being admitted to her apartment.

This, then, was what led to me being awakened. I had been having a dream where I was riding a friendly giraffe, so I was a bit confused. I did have the presence of mind, however, to suggest that if indeed some person was running a scam whereby they pretended to be helping strangers with shortness of breath in order to rob them, that person would probably not appreciate being caught in the act. I suggested that she force the doorman to accompany her upstairs if he had in fact given some amateur paramedic access to her kingdom. She wanted me to come, but A) I had other plans and B) I am not a ninja.

But anyway, as it turned out, everything was fine. Well, probably not for the lady who actually had been suffering from shortness of breath and got no help for it, but at least my sister didn't get robbed. I don't know what we'd do if someone stole all those back issues of Entertainment Weekly.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?