<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 10, 2013


Candle In the Wind
 
We had an office birthday party on Friday. Typically, this involves eating cake and listening to people talk about their children and/or dogs. This time, though, we livened it up considerably through the addition of an open flame.
 

My coworker brought this "novelty candle" that shoots a jet of flame into the air before twirling a bunch of candles in a circle and playing a demented-sounding version of Happy Birthday. The picture on the box is actually a pretty good facsimile. Although, to be clear, there was no crew of tiny blue men to help set up the candle.


You can tell it's a good product when there are multiple points upon which you must be cautioned before you use it. I especially like #4, as I generally prefer to light candles using the power of my mind as opposed to a flame. #3 presents a bit of a problem, though, as I'm well known for pushing my fire-stick into the lighting hole.


The instructions are really helpful. Especially the part where you have "an elegant handicraft" once the fire has ended. Assuming the fire marshal allows you to keep what's left after you've been released from jail, this is very true.


This part is maybe a little hard to read in the picture, but the diagrams at the bottom are really where the action is at. Don't we all strive for "exactitude" in our lives but often end up with "mistake?"

When my birthday comes around again, I'm asking for a bonfire.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?