<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Children Are Our Future

Interesting night at the gym tonight. When I got there, a man was letting the front desk people have it about the fact that there had been children in the pool while he was there. And I mean have it. He very reasonably explained that he "hates children" and that they get out of school earlier than most people get out of work, so 3-4 when they have their class should be "their time" and basically every other part of the day should be "his time." The sound of their merry laughter is excruciating to him and it ruins what is supposed to be a relaxing time for him. I mean, look, I'm not the world's biggest fan of children (they add very little to the national economy), but I would not ever say any of these things out loud. And my favorite part of the whole thing was that he was standing about ten feet away from the people he was yelling at, such that they actually seemed to be having a hard time hearing him, despite the fact that most of the front lobby was getting it. Actually, come to think of it, he was kind of acting like a child. As my good friend Alanis would say, isn't that ironic?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?