<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks, Giving

There is so much to be thankful for this year! So I guess I'll just give a few highlights:

-- Family. I mean, who doesn't love family? At least as a concept. Sometimes our actual families can be a bit much. But this year, mine has been pretty great. By which I mean that my sister's wedding did not result in any murder/suicides.

-- Friends. It's been off the air for almost a decade, but it still brings the chuckles reliably. Oh, and my actual friends are all right, too.

-- My health. No oral surgeries planned yet for 2014!

-- Jamie Luner, Lifetime Queen. She can really play anything, although she generally doesn't. If I had to pick just one role for a Luner novice to get to know her by, I guess I would say Jessica Slate from The Perfect Boss. As IMDB puts it, she's "used to getting what she wants, whether she has to use her brains, charm, or body to do it."

-- The finale performance from Pitch Perfect. I probably watch it at least once a week. I'm beginning to know the choreography. It's definitely right up there with the finale performances from Sister Act and Sister Act 2 (featuring Lauryn Hill).

-- Leona's. They have those mozzarella sticks that are like tree trunks. And their baked mac and cheese is truly the best reason to expose yourself to a potential heart attack at 35.

-- Murder, She Wrote. The reruns on Hallmark Movie Channel, not the planned Octavia Spencer reboot. What can I say? I just enjoy watching old ladies act like self-satisfied jerks.

-- The new Inez. Yes, she still screws with my blinds and puts my shoes in weird places, but you should see the shower when she's done with it. Actually, no, you shouldn't; it would be weird for me to invite you into my shower.

Hooray for thankfulness! It is so much better than resentfulness. That's why America eventually turned on Rosie.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?