<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Returns

So I am headed back to Chicago tonight. Taking the train again, which I'm not exactly looking forward to, as it always involves me getting reprimanded for things I didn't know were things. But this time it turns out that a friend is taking the same train, so we're going to see if the journey can be improved by delightful conversation and alcohol. I've got a good feeling about that, although I doubt the dining car serves Boone's Farm products.

It has been a good holiday, I think. My parents are fantastic and our dogs are adequate. (They have a bad tendency to start barking relentlessly at 6:30 in the morning.) Meg and her husband were here briefly to experience the wonders of ordinary objects vaguely shaped like religious icons and dining that is always structured as though you are carbo loading for a marathon. And I saw some old friends, a shocking number of whom were pregnant. So score one for fertility and Quincy, I guess.

Anyway, travels ahead, but I am likely to report back soon.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?