<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 23, 2013

'Tis the Season

The holidays are here. Actually, they've been here for about two months, ever since Walgreen's swapped out the Halloween candy for Christmas candy and Hallmark started playing their Haylie Duff Christmas-themed movies. (Haylie Duff also has a Christmas-themed Lifetime movie, making her a rare crossover success.) The holiday bar crawls were last weekend, resulting in the construction of impromptu ashtrays all over Wrigleyville and, in some cases, public handjobs. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

I'll be celebrating with my parents in Quincy, as per usual. I'm sure there will be board games and chain restaurants involved. Also an Amtrak journey where what is lacked in organization is made up for with sassiness. I'm actually not 100% sure that that's how you spell sassiness, but blogger's spell check is giving me the okay, so that's good enough for me.

Anyway, I'm kind of happy about it. Not being in the office is never a bad thing, unless it's because you're dying or being audited or something. And it's always nice to see my family and friends, even if they do tend to remember embarrassing stories about me that could easily serve as blackmail material. I'll report in from time to time, because I am sure you will be hanging on my every word.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?