<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 09, 2014

A Few Small Repairs

Yes, that title is a reference to Shawn Colvin's smash hit 1997 album. Which I am pretty sure I have never even heard, as I had to google it just to make sure it was a thing. See all the research I do just to make sure I have good quality puns for you people? Frankly, you do not deserve me.

Anyway, I had to take my car in for some repairs (see, there's the payoff!) this morning. Or at least I thought I did. You see, as the proud owner of a super glamorous 2003 Toyota Corolla, I am a frequent recipient of recall notices detailing potentially horrible things that my car could possibly do to me but probably won't. You know, like decapitations and disembowelments and such. I got one this summer and took it in to the dealership, where they promptly discovered several thousands of dollars of additional work that they believed needed to be done. And yes, I realize that, as they dealership, they make it their mission in life to steal my every last penny. But I also haven't had any work done on this car at all for the almost ten years I've had it, so I figured there was likely some truth to the rumors of damaged drive belts and such. So I dutifully got the work done, only to receive a different recall notice a few weeks later. And, when I ignored that, a more hysterically recall notice a few months after that.

So I called and made the appointment. And when I got there very, very early this morning, I was informed that they had already known about this recall when I was in this summer and just took care of it then. Which seemed to me to be information they could have given me over the phone when I was scheduling the appointment, but then again I am not an automotive expert. So basically, I took my car on a pleasure cruise to Edgewater this morning. Of course I have no regrets.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?