<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

And So It Begins

It's 2014! I'm excited about this because 2013 always just felt like a weird, sinister number to me. I couldn't get used to it, although I still went ahead and cashed checks that were dated in 2013, despite my principles. I mean, 2014 is divisible by two and lacks any clear association to the occult, so that has to be good. Also I'm starting it out with a full day in sweatpants and some Parks & Recreation deleted scenes, which is a good sign. And soon we will order delivery. Do the wonders never cease?

2013 ended fairly well, I guess. We went over to Former Roommate Liz's place for the evening. They had a delightful mac and cheese bar (clearly, they know their audience) and were so classy they even had a house cocktail (with vodka; again, excellent pandering). We were somewhat distracted by the ongoing snow disaster outside, but in the end it was no more distracting that Carson Daly's extreme weight loss. And we rode the bus home for free with all of the drunk people of Chicago. There is much fellowship among the inebriated, let me tell you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?