<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Golden Boy

I really do have to apologize for failing to guide all of you through the Golden Globes as I usually do. I did watch them with friends, but opted to drink a variety of powerful liquors in precisely the wrong combination as opposed to liveblogging. And also to eat my weight in lasagna. These things do happen, although in truth it seems they generally only happen to me.

The awards were of course a gala affair. Jennifer Lawrence wore the results of a Project Runway challenge involving bedsheets and Sandra Bullock wore a visual representation of the '90s. Jessica's Chastain's hairline did that weird thing that it does. And Hayden Panetierre really, really wanted everyone to know that she washed her hair beforehand. Taylor Swift cast shade on everyone and Lena Dunham looked like someone was making sausages. Way to go, Hollywood.

As to the awards themselves I don't think I can have that many opinions as I've seen pretty much nothing. Wait, did Lifetime win anything? I guess I saw Gravity but the thought of Sandra Bullock having two Oscars makes me want to die. I have generally good feelings about 12 Years a Slave because, you know, slavery is super bad and stuff. And, like America, I love Jennifer Lawrence, so I really want to her to lose for her own good. Let's not do the backlash on this one, can we? Let's just stick to Hathaway, amirite?

Anyway, anything really CAN happen at the Golden Globes. It's just that it usually doesn't.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?