<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Grammys Wrap Up

I have to say, the Grammys are greatly improved by fast forwarding through the majority of them. Also by store bought mozz sticks and potato skins. I still really wish there had been some Miley involved, but you can't have everything.

What you can have, apparently, is Taylor Swift swaying arhythmically to everything. Also Katy Perry reenacting the Stonehenge sequence of Spinal Tap. I did think the Stevie Wonder and Daft Punk (and yes, I place them in that order) sequence was pretty nifty, although at first I thought Stevie had a court reporter's keyboard with him, and it's fairly impressive to see Paul McCartney do anything at this age. BeyoncĂ© and Jay-Z somewhat underwhelmed for me, as much as I do love the new "visual album" (not a thing). I would have loved to have seen an all out production number to Blow, but frankly, I would have loved to have seen an all out production number to Anything Goes, for that matter. I'm an all out production number guy, I guess.

Lorde kind of creeps me out. I worry that she's casting a spell on me. Also, the eyebrows.

I should probably address the biggest stunt of the night, by which I mean the reanimation of Madonna's corpse to celebrate Queen Latifah's marrying a bunch of couples and still not coming out of the closet. It was all right. I mean, I totally support its social messages and all, but that's still not going to make me like Macklemore.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?