<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 23, 2014

And Now My Weekend is Complete

What did you do today? If the answer is not "watched the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding documentary on NBC," then I'm afraid you've wasted your day, if not your entire life, my friends. As someone who watched pretty much every minute of the Lillehammer games despite my very busy math team schedule at the time, I had very high expectations for this program, and they were entirely exceeded. The '90s hairstyles! The plastic track suits! The Gilooly 'stache! These are some amazing production values, and the quality of the reportage also stunned. Both Mary Carillo and Bob Costas did everything short of taking a cattle prod to Nancy to try to get her to trash Tonya, and she resolutely refused. Tonya, meanwhile, really brought the fun, announcing that she had "proven" "so many times" that she wasn't involved in the attack before babbling incoherently (and incredulously) when asked to explain how, explaining how she was really a victim in all of this herself, and complaining that Nancy "wasn't even worth it" at this point, without really clarifying what "it" was. I was a little disappointed that no one dug up well-known Oksana Baiul for an interview (preferably in her '94 swan costume and, dare I dream, with a round of shots), but it's a minor quibble. Maybe the Winter Olympics ended today for the rest of you, but for me they ended back in the glory days of 1994.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?