<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 03, 2014

Maybe This is Why Michael Jackson Only Wore One

So this winter has finally killed my gloves. I was sort of in denial about the whole thing, since I love the pair I have (had), but I couldn't really dispute it any more when I giant hole opened up in the thumb of my left one. Since I'm not in Les Mis, that's not really a look I can pull off. But I figured it would be easy to find new ones because it's, you know, been like a thousand degrees below zero every day for the past month with no end in sight. And yet that is where I was wrong. Over the past week, I have been to about ten different stores on this mission; everywhere from Walgreen's to Macy's to Nordstrom Rack. And while I have found a lot of women's gloves, children's gloves decked out with Dora the Explorer or one of her ilk, weight lifting gloves, and gloves commemorated the Olympics that have not even started yet, it has been very difficult to find just plain old men's gloves. I finally landed a pair today (actually, two pair, because that's how everyone likes to be forced to by gloves) at H&M, your home for men's fashions that people describe using "European" as a code word for something else. They're far from ideal -- they've allegedly "one size fits all," which means that my hands stretch them until they're as sheer as a tragic Gwyneth Paltrow top -- but they seem like they'll at least do the trick through the end of this Winter, which at this rate will be in 2032. And then I guess I start looking again in June? I have always wanted a pair to match my swimsuit.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?