<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

News & Notes

It turns out it's pretty difficult to put together coherent sentences with figure skating on in the background. I keep looking over to see if someone has fallen on her rear. But so far it's really just been a lot of underweight girls spinning. And hugging. And smiling. God, where is the drama of the Nancy/Tonya years? I've got a long list of candidates for the tire iron, if anyone is interested.

It's been kind of a fantastic couple of days here for the sad and pathetic reason that it is finally above freezing and all of Chicago is melting. I can finally see my driveway again. And I wore regular shoes instead of giant boots. On the minus side, I was about three inches from a concussion when a giant sheath of ice fell off of a building downtown while I was walking to Walgreen's at lunch. Near death somehow seems a high price to pay for that bag of fun size Crunch bars I had my eye on.

I did have court this morning, though. And again I'll remind you that's as an attorney, not a defendant. It was an 8:30 AM call, which is one of the crueler inventions of man. And then my opponents didn't show up, so it got rescheduled for next week, also at 8:30 AM. Next week I'll pick them up if I have to; we're getting this thing done.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?