<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 17, 2014

On Spending Three Days Straight Doing Very Little But Writing a Book Chapter About Civil Appeals

I agree to do a lot of strange things. And I'm not talking sexually. I coach an international arbitration moot court team, for God's sake. For free. On occasion, I teach constitutional law to small children who hate me. Early on Saturday mornings. And in the past I have volunteered as both a public radio deejay and a historically costumed guide at an architecture museum. Where I wore a solid wool suit in July. So yeah, one could question my decisionmaking skills.

And I am certainly doing that right now about my agreement to write the appeals chapter for a litigation guide that will be sold commercially but without any portion of any profits going to me. I guess I thought it would be easier than it is? But it turns out that writing a properly-sourced chapter on civil appeals is a little different than, say, writing a poem for your junior high newspaper. And even though I may handle civil appeals every day of my life, it's not like I've memorized supporting citations for everything I do. Perhaps if I were a cyborg? Why can't I be a cyborg?

Anyway, I've been working on this for about a month already, but since the deadline is now looming, I'm having to make serious tracks, which has meant the aforementioned three days straight of work. I mean, I did go to Burger King and the gym (a winning combination) and I had the Olympics on in the background at points, but mainly I've been here at the computer. I had to put a pillow on my desk chair so my butt would stop cramping. Sadly, my resulting application for disability benefits has been denied.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?