<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Reason for the Season

So it has been an eventful holiday season. As has been my recent custom, I kicked off my holiday season with a run of the thrilling amateur theatrical known as the Chicago Bar Association Show. In a truly timely move, it had a Star Wars theme. And I played Luke Skywalker. This is the part where I pretend I was way too cool to be totally jammed about getting to carry a lightsaber.

Because my mom is now living in Chicago (at least part time), I actually partook of the holiday market at the Daley Center and the windows at Macy's this year as well. Generally it is kind of nice to have my mom as an excuse to act like a tourist, but this was somewhat like pounding nails into my skull. No, scratch that; pounding nails into my skull could never draw this kind of horrific crowd.

I hosted Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my place. This largely involved playing Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You video over and over until nothing made sense any more. There was also brunch food! Loosely defined. Gummy bears are a brunch staple, right?

Now we're in Quincy for a few days. Mold-related events, largely. Hoping to get some Taco Bell breakfast in there somewhere, though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?