<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 02, 2015

P.S. The Whitney Movie Was All Kinds of Terrible

Approximately eighteen inches of snow later, I've been housebound for long enough to watch almost everything on my DVR. My office was closed today, which was nice, because I'm sure the commute downtown would have been a disaster. I traveled as far as Belmont yesterday to visit my mom and nearly became a Jack London character. I actually had to stop at a Walgreen's halfway there to warm up, which resulted in me buying a tube of Cheeseburger Pringles because I felt bad about just wandering around until my hands had unfrozen. They were legitimately delicious, though.

Anyway, Whitney. I have a feeling that the movie was made with heavy input by Bobby Brown, because the Bobby character was actually in more scenes than the Whitney character. And they made him out to be the victim: she introduced him to drugs, she was physically violent towards him, she ruined his career by forcing him to be a stay at home dad. Also the movie was followed by an exclusive interview with Bobby Brown, which must have seemed kind of redundant for those who actually watched it. I was rooting for Yaya Decosta as Whitney because she's a Top Model alum, but it turned out that she didn't even do her own singing, even though there were more musical numbers than a '90s Disney cartoon. Also, Angela Bassett was the director? Is there maybe more than one Angela Bassett, and this one is a functionally illiterate deaf woman from Tulsa?

Back to work tomorrow, I guess. Why oh why won't anyone pay me to stay home all the time?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?