<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Film File

Our relationship with the dog has finally evolved to the point where we feel comfortable leaving her alone for a few hours so we can go see a movie. True, this often results in the destruction of a shoe but shouldn't we really update our footwear selections occasionally anyway?

First we saw Spy, which was pretty good. I honestly found the plot to be a bit hard to follow and kind of wished that they wouldn't even have bothered with one, but the actors were all fairly strong and there were plenty of funny lines. I do like Melissa McCarthy and appreciate it when she gets material that doesn't just involve her being loud and ungainly. And, dare I say it, I'm kind of a Rose Byrne fan, though I'm not entirely sure that's really a thing. Jason Statham I kind of couldn't understand. The words he spoke, I mean, not him as a phenomenon. Well, both.

And this weekend we saw Inside Out, which was amazing. Frankly, I don't understand how it has taken this long for Amy Poehler and Pixar to come together; if it were up to be all movies would feature this combination. And Tina Fey. And maybe that cute little dog from The Artist. Anyway, the writing was good, everything looked amazing, and it was funny and touching and really fairly perfect in every way. Also we saw it at the good theater with the reclining leather seats and little tables for your drinks and popcorn, so it was all in all a fantastic night. I'm simple, what can I say?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?