<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dispatches From A Month Ago

So we finally watched A Deadly Adoption this weekend. You know, the Will Ferrell/Kristen Wiig Lifetime movie that was filmed in direct implementation of my dream journal? It was a topic of discussion about a month ago? Yeah, I've been busy. Mainly with alcohol, but still.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Anyone who was looking for a straight up parody must have been pretty disappointed, but I loved the fact that it was basically just a regular Lifetime movie with bad acting that was slightly more purposeful. Will Ferrell's beard deserved an award of some kind, and I'm glad they finally shined some light on the seedy world of financial planning book tours. Kristen Wiig was basically dead on, with an important message about dock safety to boot. Plus there was a sassy gay friend in classic Lifetime tradition. And diabetes.

Oh, and there must be a special shout out for the impromptu kitchen dance party at the end. All Lifetime movies basically end with non sequiturs. I'm pretty sure this one was choreographed by Twyla Tharp.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?