<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Here We Go Again

I've been delinquent. Not a surprise at this point. As far as excuses go, I was in the twin cities for a wedding? Also I have a very rich and active social life. This is part of what you like about me, admit it.

The wedding was nice. I had too much white wine (!) and commandeered the DJ stand. So many nineties classics to play. I was this close to getting everyone to rock out to Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn."

I also had some down time while I was up there and decided to check out the Science Museum, which I loved as a kid. That was of course a terrible idea. Turns out the reason I liked it as a kid is that it is for kids, and it was swarming with them. There were so many toddlers screaming and pulling on the interactive exhibits about cold fronts that I got to do very little screaming of my own. The educational play about the water cycle was pretty solid, though.

Aubrey did not do what one would term well with the change. We bought a giant gate to hold her in the guest bedroom and she somehow knocked it askew and made an escape. Also, while we were away at the wedding, she woke Ian's mother at three in the morning to clean up her urine. You really have to be Kesha to be able to get away with that kind of behavior.

Anyway, I'm here, and aspiring to do better, though I likely won't. This is America, after all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?