<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

On the House

So there was a Full House Lifetime movie this weekend. In the grand tradition of Lifetime movies, it was fairly disappointing.

Now in the interest of full disclosure, I should admit that I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of Full House. Nor do I have any desire to. But the minute I saw all the terrible wigs and inexplicable accents that were to be involved in this particular production, I knew I had to see it. And yes, no one involved managed to look anything like the original actors. The John Stamos was particularly egregious; he would have been a better fit for John Edwards.

The really weird thing to me was that they basically made the movie the story of Bob Saget. As though Bob Saget were still a thing in 2015. They dramatized his inner turmoil, springing from the fact that he did not view Full House as living up to his incredible artistic standards. Which, based on this movie, seemed to demand more dick jokes. I guess the good news is that in the end Bob Saget made peace with Full House and made a lovely speech at Candace Cameron's wedding. Or so I'm told; I fell asleep before that happened.

Anyway, this happened. And the world is better for it. Or maybe not. Let's just hope Jodie Sweetin got a check out of this, because the last I heard of her she was fighting her ex-husband for custody of a 2002 Toyota Sienna and a Kohl's credit card.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?