<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 07, 2015

Belabored

This is the first Labor Day weekend in like a decade that I've spent in Chicago. When my dad was still with us, I used to always go down to Quincy for the weekend, where we would celebrate by walking dogs and half-watching Mythbusters marathons. Last year, we went to Minnesota for our amazing state fair experience, the heartburn from which I am still experiencing today. But this year we decided to focus the weekend on eating and drinking more than any human could reasonably be expected to survive, so basically it's just like any other weekend but with an extra day. It's been fairly amazing.

Friday we hung out with my mom and finished season six of Mad Men, so we are finally current with the pop cultural world of 2013. Spoiler alert: it turns out that Don Draper really is a brilliant but troubled man. Saturday we went to the dog beach, or rather the dog went to the dog beach and we watched. She was very excited about how this opened up the possibility of playing with aquatic trash as well as land-based trash. That night we went to our friends' place and watched a movie in their back yard. The back yard part ended up being better than the movie part, but the vodka part was the best of all. Yesterday we went to a friend's barbeque, where I ate the larger part of an entire container of taco dip. And today we went to brunch at my sister's place, an affair dominated by the dog trying to put her face in my mother's soup.

It really has been a whirlwind weekend. So much so that I'm actually kind of ready to get back into my routine. I'm sure I'll be equally ready for next weekend, though, don't worry.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?