<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Broken Promises

Well, I said I'd be blogging my Amtrak on Sunday, and I totally lied. But to be fair, Amtrak lied, too. I couldn't get the wireless to work at all on the way back. But it was way worse for me than it was for you, believe me. I couldn't even play candy crush. And I had already read most of my New Yorkers, so I was stuck reading the truly skipable parts. We're talking the Night Life section here, people. When am I ever going to take in a cabaret in the Village?

Anyway, I did make it back, and then I pretty much left again right away. Oral argument in beautiful McHenry County. My destination was fifty-eight miles away and it took me an hour and a half to get there thanks to morning rush traffic. On the plus side, that gave me plenty of time to skip over George Michael's "Careless Whisper" on my iPhone repeatedly. How do these things get on my iPhone? I blame Obama, of course.

But McHenry County has now been made safe for electronic harassment statutes, and so I can rest easy in Chicago for a while. At least until next weekend, when I head to Decatur for my fifteen-year college reunion. Has it really been fifteen years already? It feels like just yesterday, but that's probably because I now watch Dawson's Creek every morning while I get ready for work. God, those sexy teens had such important problems.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?