<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday, Sunday

It probably says something about the way my Sunday is going that I was actually kind of sad just now when the Shark Vacuum infomercial ended. I guess I'm just a sucker for people discovering a lower-cost, high-suction option for all of their pet hair removal needs. Also the background music is really catchy -- it sounds a bit like the very end of the Beverly Hills, 90210 theme on repeat.

It was an early Sunday, as Ian was running the half marathon and I had to drive down to pick him up. Yes, I am complaining not about the exertion involved in running a half marathon, but that involved in driving a car to the location of a half marathon. I was also involved in the carbo loading the night before and the brunching afterwards. It is quite grueling, obviously, but someone has to do it.

I guess my real problem is that I am heading into month three of my allergy season and I neglected to take my meth precursor this morning. And so I feel as though I am sanding two by fours with my face. (I can't take the pill in the afternoon or I will be up all night flitting around the apartment like a tiny hummingbird.) I don't know exactly what it is I am allergic to, but at this point I would not object to the eradication of every form of plant material in the greater Cook County area. Except for, like, wheat, because I'm pretty fond of carbs.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?