<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 05, 2015

You Can't Go Home Again

Can we all agree that I need to learn how to say no to things? Over the past few years, I have ended up agreeing to pay my own way to Europe to help with a moot court team at a law school I never went to, to drive several hundred miles to give a five minute speech about being an honors student fifteen years ago, and to appear in several amateur theatricals written by and for middle aged lawyers. Do I really have that much spare time on my hands? I know the answer to that is no, because the unwatched Lifetime movies are piling up on my DVR. So I guess I just have severe psychological problems?

As a continuation of the important case study, I agreed to chair my fifteen-year college reunion this weekend. This despite the fact that I did not particularly want to attend my fifteen-year college reunion this weekend. It's not that I don't like strolling down that particular memory lane (though memory lane in Decatur is in kind of a bad neighborhood), it's just that I have already strolled it quite a few times recently. Like two years ago. And last April. But somehow I found myself getting up at 6 AM on a Saturday to drive down and pose for a photo with former classmates who I by and large do not speak to any more. And to eat catered chicken with representatives of the class of 1915 or something. I did get a nice commemorative plaque and a bag of popcorn, however, so it wasn't a complete wash.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?