<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 28, 2015

Silent, Holy

Had a nice, relaxing Christmas this year. Since my mother is (largely) local now, there was no travel involved. And since it was just me and her and more beagles than could reasonably be deemed necessary, there was no real entertaining involved. Mainly we just binge watched and ate. We did have a minor crisis when we discovered how few options there were to order delivery from on Christmas Eve, but we rebounded by making our Christmas brunch for dinner that night. Hollandaise, as it turns out, fixes everything.

This was the first year, well, ever that I have not spent my holiday in Quincy. It was a bit weird, but actually pretty good. It turns out I really like the city when almost no one else is in it. And I got a huge dose of small town Christmas from the Hallmark Channel, anyway. The fictional version starring Shenae Grimes is much, much better.

Now I'm back at work, but only for a few days. Turns out I have to use my personal days before year end or I lose them. So I guess I'll just have another four-day weekend. It is so hard to be me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?